- 6/30 - MIT News coverage on our MOOC dropout prediction work
Coverage in campus technology
Coverage in Information week
A previous blog on edX
Current paper can be accessed here
- 6/15 - Wind farm layout optimization competition through Machine learning algorithms is in full swing. >10 teams are participating and there are more then 64 submissions so far. The competition is in its second iteration and it leads to open source software release of multiple layout optimization algorithms (the open source can be accessed here)
See the leaderboard here
- 6/12 - 6/18 - Gave invited talks at Citbank HQ- Mumbai, Accenture, XCRI, Aspiring Minds, MIT Club - New Delhi.
- 6/10 - Gave a talk at CSAIL's annual industry affiliate program about PatternEx - An AI platform for Cybersecurity
- 5/9 - Gave a talk at Philips Exeter Academy + MIT Club of New Hampshire on
- 3/26 - Talk at UMass, Amherst about Copula models and generative functions for wind farm planning and layout.
- 3/13 - @Learning at Scale for presentation of our "Crowd sourced feature discovery" idea
- 2/25 - MIT News coverage for multiple data science projects
Multiple video interviews conducted by MIT ILP are available here.
- 2/9 - Will be at Stanford visiting Lytics Lab!
- 2/8 - Giving a tutorial on Machine learning and search for Autotuning (Opentuner) at CGO, 2015
- 1/30 - Talk at HarvardX - slides here
- 1/20 - Talk at Systems Engineering Advancement Research Initiative - slides here
- 1/16 - An exciting start to our 5 Year NSF DIBBS project with CMU/Stanford/UMemphis. See
kickoff slides here and
project website here.
- 1/15 - Our article "Bring your own learner" is published in IEEE CIM journal. Highlights are:
See article here, and website here. It is open source.
- 1/1 - MOOCdb translation software is now open source
- 1/1- FlexGP and FCUBE, outcomes of a three year project sponsored by GE are now open source. Read about the project details and outcomes here.
- I gave talks at MIT big data initiative and edX webinar series
- Blog post on edx about stopout in MOOCs
- Our paper on challenges of Feature Engineering for MOOC data is now available and here
- Our paper on stopout prediction in MOOCs is available here
- I am running a data science camp at CSAIL. We are solving a number of problems relevant to the society! (Reports coming soon)
- Big data and big learning workshop at GECCO (link)
- Helping organize "Learning with MOOCs : A Practitioners workshop" Please find call for papers here.
- We just finished our MOOC En Images tech report
- My first official Masters student Owen Derby won MIT EECS department's Charles and Jennifer Johnson Masters Thesis Award (2nd Place) (Thesis)