SpotlightFeature Labs is in spotlight: Our algorithms that automate the most of the analytic process for predictive modeling is in spotlight. This work has been done jointly with Max Kanter, Benjamin Schreck and Owen Gillespie of Feature Labs. Read MIT News article here.
I started a new lab called Data to AI in the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems
Current ResearchTeaching a computer to be a data scientist - Research Statement
Summary: During the past three years I have set out to answer a seemingly simple question: “why does it take so much time to process, analyze and derive insights from data?”. I ventured into a number of domains (Education, Medicine, and Energy) and designed several novel approaches. This has allowed me to identify critical issues at the very foundation of the way we interact with, work around barriers and materialize insights from data. Consequently, I have founded multiple long term projects with a vision of making human interaction with data easier. In addition to simply scaling machine learning approaches, novel approaches, systems were required. These novel methods include scaling of processes that have “human-in-the-loop”, identification and storage of intermediary pre-processed data structures for re-use, and the creation of interfaces to exploit such intermediate structures. Ultimately, this has led me to design approaches and methods for automating much of the data science endeavor.
Feature LabsIn 2015, I co-founded Feature Labs with Max Kanter. Ben Schreck joined us as our third cofounder this year. We help organizations transform their raw, noisy data into intelligent representations using data science automation tools.
PatternExI co-founded PatternEx, a cyber security startup focussed on developing the first active learning based solution for identifying new security threats and constantly evolving models that detect threats.
Featured speaker, Annual Whitney Symposium, General Electric Global Research Center.
TEDx, Massachusetts, USA.
NASA, National Institute of Aerospace, Big data and machine intelligence seminar series
TEDx, Massachusetts, USA.
NSF, Big Data Brown Bag Lunch Series
Aspiring Minds, India
Citibank HQ, India
Invited talk, MIT Club of New Hampshire and Phillips Exeter Academy
Invited talk, UMass IGERT Offshore Wind Energy Program, UMass, Amherst.
HarvardX, Harvard University
L-S-F, Trane: MIT News
- 10/21 - Data Science Machine
- 6/30 - MIT News coverage on our MOOC dropout prediction work
- 6/15 - Wind farm layout optimization competition through Machine learning algorithms is in full swing. >10 teams are participating and there are more then 64 submissions so far. The competition is in its second iteration and it leads to open source software release of multiple layout optimization algorithms (the open source can be accessed here)
- 6/12 - 6/18 - Gave invited talks at Citbank HQ- Mumbai, Accenture, XCRI, Aspiring Minds, MIT Club - New Delhi.
- 6/10 - Gave a talk at CSAIL's annual industry affiliate program about PatternEx - An AI platform for Cybersecurity
- 5/9 - Gave a talk at Philips Exeter Academy + MIT Club of New Hampshire on
Current graduate students (MEng)Justin Helbert John O' Sullivan Benjamin Schreck Neha Patki Jason Wu
Graduate (S.M.)Prashan Wangasekara